Wednesday, July 15, 2009

happy birthday!

Today Kate turns 1! I cannot believe it. I seriously cannot think how we got from July 15th last year to July 15th today. It went by SO fast. Being a mom has been quite the experience. I have struggled with the idea of being a mom since I got pregnant. I wasn't ready when I got pregnant and have had a love/hate relationship with it ever since. It is not what I would choose to be doing if I had the choice. I never got to really be married and my college education is now a meer thought. That being said I love Kate more than anything. I couldn't imagine my life without her now and although there are days I wish things were different I would never change it. She is the perfect child for me. Heavenly Father knew exactly what He was doing when He gave me Kate.  I have never written down Kate's birth story so I am just going to do this so I will always remember. I went in at 8am July 15th to be induced. I was really nervous about getting pitocin because I don't do well with pain at all but everything went really great. I started having contractions about an hour after they gave me pitocin and it really wasn't that bad.  It certainly wasn't comfortable but I didn't even need an epidural. I decided to get one anyway at 6 cm because I didn't want to feel while I was pushing. Right after that they broke my water and I stayed at 6 cm for about 4 hours. My doctor came in at about 7:30 pm and told me that the reason I wasn't progressing anymore is because my pelvis is too small and thought I should have a c-section. After a few tears I decided we should do that since that would be the safest thing to do. Literally the second after I said yes to the c section about 10 people swarmed into my room to prep me for surgery. I was into the operating room about 3 minutes later and at 7:53pm Kate was born. 
It sure has been a crazy year with many ups and downs. I love you SO much Kate. Happy birthday!!

2 comments:

  1. happy birthday kate--we can't wait to play with you some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should trade places. You can go back to school and I will take care of baby Kate all day! I just adore that child!!! Tell her Happy Birthday for me :)

    ReplyDelete