Sunday, April 11, 2010

call me crazy

I have finally found my niche in life, cooking. I am not a good decorator. I am horrible with fashion. I am not creative at all. Couldn't scrapbook to save my life, but I have really fallen in love with cooking and am actually pretty decent. For me, it is the one thing in life I can control. I can't control the situation I am in with life. I can't control my really out of control child but I can control food. I find cooking very relaxing and I really enjoy doing it. I haven't found that love yet with baking but I am getting there. And I just have to announce my love for www.melskitchencafe.com It is truly the best cooking website I have found. I go to that site at least 5 times a day. I use it everyday to plan my meals. She matches my cooking style perfectly. So the other night I thought why not go for the grand daddy of them all, homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade rolls even with homemade chicken broth and noodles. And oh man, it was exhausting and sucked the fun right out of cooking for me. I first had to cut up a whole chicken. It was disgusting and gross and something I never want to do again. After I had tackled that beast, I had to make the noodles. They turned out alright. They were a little thick and dense but the flavor was good. The rolls were my 4th attempt at homemade rolls and my worst too. I was so disappointed because my 3 others times were awesome and these ones came out all hard. So after, 4 hours straight in the kitchen the meal turned out pretty good. I think I'll leave the chicken noodle soup to my grandma. And I apologize if a lot of my future posts are about cooking. I can't help it. I have become addicted.

3 comments:

  1. I will teach you to make rolls! And easy but good homemade chicken noodle, i love to cook too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I love Pioneer Woman and Bakerella. I check them all the time! http://thepioneerwoman.com/ http://www.bakerella.com/ Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That soup looks great to me! I have yet to explore homemade noodles.

    ReplyDelete