Wednesday, April 21, 2010

feel better kate

Kate woke up Saturday morning with a really bad cough and by monday it wasn't better so I (very unwillingly) took Kate to the doctor. I dread taking Kate to the doctor for my own selfish reasons. It always takes FOREVER and Kate seriously can't sit still for 30 seconds so chasing around my crazy child in a doctors office for 2 hours is a form of torture in my eyes but she really needed to go. So I forced myself in the car and to my surprise from the second we walked into the doctors office, Kate laid on my chest and never left for 2 hours. I know Kate was miserable because for her to do that means she is very sick but I was in heaven. I cherish anytime Kate will lay and cuddle with me for 2 hours straight was a dream come true, I just felt so bad though because she was really sick. So we get in to the see the doctor and she listens to Kate's chest and says she is wheezing way to much so Kate had to get chest x-rays. I was shocked! I was definitely glad I decided to go to the doctor. It was nearly impossible for us to take the x-rays because Kate was freaking out. I felt soo bad. She was crying so hard and I just wanted to pick her up and calm her down. They had to strap in her into this device that put her hands over her head so we wouldn't move around. After we barely got those done the doctor came back in and said Kate has really bad bronchitis and has to have breathing treatments for 2 weeks and she is on 5 medicines. The breathing treatments haven't been going very well. She really hates it. I just hope she starts getting better. Lesson learned on my part, always take your child to the doctor if they are sick.

this is kate getting doing her breathing treatments and for the first 30 seconds she does okay and then it takes both phil and I to hold her down to finish it.

5 comments:

  1. saddest story ever!! feel better Kate! sorry she is so sick, bronchitis is the worst, i had it once and it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so big! I think we need to see more pictures of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, poor Kate. Get feeling better!
    Whitney you are the sweetest mother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that stinks--call me if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so sad! I feel so bad for your little girl! She does look really big and agree that I would like to see some more pictures!

    ReplyDelete